Covid-19 protocol and class policy
How to be safe at our studio and what we're doing to keep our community safe:
How to be in the studio:
- Everyone who enters the building must wear a mask. No bandanas or scarves.
- Everything is scheduled at the studio. There are no more drop-ins and folks must schedule time to be at the studio via our website menu option: studio scheduler. This is to ensure social distancing and that no more than 14 people are in the 1600 square foot building at one time.
- Do not enter the building if you are symptomatic or have been in contact with anyone is symptomatic. If you or anyone you have been in contact with tests positive for COVID-19, please quarantine yourself from the studio for at least two weeks. All staff and teachers will be asked to do the same.
- Everyone must practice and respect social distancing while in the studio. All workspaces are 6 ft apart. There are also outdoor hallway spaces for use.
- There can be 3 people at hand-building tables, 6 people in the classroom/wheel room, not including the teacher and 3-4 people in the glaze room.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds. We also have wipes and hand sanitizer in every room.
- No eating inside the studio. Please make use of our hallway seating to eat.
- If you need to drink a beverage inside, please be quick and where possible, go outside.
- After you have been in the studio, you must disinfect everything you have touched.
- Please see the @gasworksnyc IGTV video for how to clean a wheel.
- In addition to the wheel, please disinfect everything you have touched with:
- 1/2 white gallon bucket of water + 1.5 tsps of bleach
- or 1 gallon of water + 1 tbsp of bleach
- or the alcohol spray. Let sit one min. Dry with paper towels.
- This includes tools, workspace, sink knobs, bucket lids, etc. Bleach bucket and bleach is next to the sink.
- Max occupancy of the studio is currently 14 people for our 1600 square foot space.
- Please turn on the air purifiers when entering. Place them on 8hr timer setting.
- The owners and staff will be getting tested regularly.
- The studio will be disinfected regularly. We will will run our triple HEPA air filters daily for 8-12 hours and in between classes to disinfect studio as well.
- Doors will be open and outside air coming in whenever possible.
- If a one time class is canceled due to a governor's mandate a refund or gift card will be given based on customers preference.
- 12 week classes will be paused or delayed in start date, but will resume. Refunds will be given if one moves, is pregnant, or due to other special case scenarios. All others will be paused and pick back up when possible.